Thursday, August 6, 2009

Roger Ebert on Quantum Reincarnation


A direct link to the above video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4wvShQBi-I

First, go read Roger Ebert's blog entry published a couple of weeks ago, called "The Quantum Theory of Reincarnation":
http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009/07/everymans_guide_to_quantum_the.html


Mr. Ebert gets an awful lot of things right here, and in ways very similar to what I've been saying with my project since it launched over three years ago. I wonder how he would react to my original animation about how to imagine ten spatial dimensions? Or to the amusing College Humor satire published last month blending my way of visualizing the spatial dimensions with a movie trailer?

Over at YouTube, my most popular video blog entry is currently "Aren't There Really 11 Dimensions?", which helps to solidify some of what Mr. Ebert is talking about: if, in the underlying structures of reality, time has no meaning and everything happens simultaneously, then the additional dimensions all have to be spatial rather than temporal for extra dimensions to make sense.

A direct link to this video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfhOBevrN2U

As Mr. Ebert mentions, our reality is not continuous, despite what our senses tell us. Rather, it's sliced up into planck-unit-sized pieces of not just space, but spacetime. In The Holographic Universe, I expanded upon this idea further with an exploration of the growing mountain of scientific evidence that our particular reality comes from the fifth dimension rather than the fourth:

A direct link to the above video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMLVjFrtq6Q

Coincidentally, a week or so before Mr. Ebert's blog entry went up I published a video blog at YouTube called "Could I Meet My Incarnation?", which explores very similar territory: what is it that makes each of us unique, and what is it that connects us all together?

A direct link to the above video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD-LRUptxFU

My most popular blog entry of all time was published earlier this year, and it also relates to Mr. Ebert's exploration of how the quantum world relates to the reality we see around us: "Creativity and the Quantum Universe". Here's the video for that entry:


Roger Ebert is one of the most widely read columnists on the planet. With his blog entry we looked at here today, he shows us he is part of a growing surge of interest in these ideas, and as I approach five million unique visitors who have been to my tenth dimension website, I'm so very pleased to have played my own small part in helping to move people towards this new understanding. Bravo, Roger Ebert!

Enjoy the journey,

Rob Bryanton

Next: Norway's "Reverse Deja Vu"

1 comment:

Mariana Soffer said...

Very interesting the quamtum theory of reincarnation , I never thougt about that subject. But it makes complete sense, why couldn't it be possible? I think it is coherent with all the rest (that I understand) of the quamtum theory

Tenth Dimension Vlog playlist