Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dancing in the Omniverse


A direct link to the above video is at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_bqkKRQxno

This music was created by Scope DJ, a music producer from the Netherlands working in the musical genre called "hardstyle". If you listen to the piece at about 0:59 and again at about 2:15 you may recognize the voice that appears: yep, it's me. I've been sampled by Scope DJ, immortalized in a slamming dance track that might give a few people something to think about while they party on the dance floor. Scope DJ's music is available in MP3 and WAV formats at www.hardstyle.com/scope-dj.

Here's the original video that the sample came from: one of my more popular YouTube videos, called Imagining the Omniverse.

A direct link to the above video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6D3CgF8_qk

Scope DJ's real name is
Dennis Koehoorn. I contacted Dennis and asked him how he came to use my voice and the "omniverse" concept for his piece, and here's what he said:

I've always been extremely interested in the phenomenon of multiple universes, dimensions et cetera. It makes so much sense to me that I can't figure out why they shouldn't exist. Your vlog gave me more insight on this topic. Since I was always interested in topics like these and also always wanted to make a track about it - even though the main audience may not learn anything about the topic from just listening to the track - I decided to use your vlog as a source.

I am glad you are taking this well, I can imagine someone NOT liking someone else using their voice without asking...

Best regards,
Dennis
Hey Dennis, by all means, I put my vlogs up on YouTube because I want to get these important ideas out into the world. But I do own the copyright to these videos, so I trust that if you make any significant money from your mp3/wav sales or licensing of this track that you'll do the right thing and shoot me a small cut of your profits as a licensing fee, fair enough?

Last blog entry was called Thinking Bigger, and Scope DJ's "Omniverse" certainly fits into that vein. We're going to continue with related concepts in our upcoming blog entries: Extra-Dimensional Geometry, Just Geometry, Thinking Biggest, Psychedelics and Spacetime, and Tangential Thinking.

Finally, just a reminder that the long awaited followup to my first book is still available. "O is for Omniverse" is a collaboration between myself and visual artist Marilyn E. Robertson. Go to http://www.omniverse.tv for more info.



Enjoy the journey!

Rob Bryanton

No comments:

Tenth Dimension Vlog playlist